One of the best ways to engage your French students is with The News and topical, relevant content.
Planet French (www.planetfrench.com) is the only online source of weekly Canadian news and current events videos in levelled French in the World.
How current is our content? We produce new Canadian videos weekly on www.planetfrench.com
You can sign up your school or your entire school board to Planet French. All your teachers and students get access from anywhere on all their devices.
What kind of content do we report on?
Planet French News features age and level-appropriate content for 8 to 17 year-olds on topics they care about.
Each week we go over newsworthy events from around Canada, from coast to coast and from around the world.
The content covers current events, all major celebrations, all major news events, climate change, the environment, sports, young achievers, science, movies, pop culture, French culture, weather events and more.
You can also order printed kits bundled with online access and Planet French News. Here are some examples:
Two packages bundle the best of online and printed resources together:
You get the best of both worlds: printed books and online videos, eBooks, Narrated eBooks, video DVDs and more!
Narrated eBooks with actor narration, follow-me cursor and speed adjustment
You project the eBooks on any whiteboard, the audio follows with professional actors reading the text and the cursor leads. You can pause anytime and model listening and reading strategies for your students.
Your students are instantly engaged and now they can see French as relevant because they watch other Canadians (adults and students) interacting in French, in Canada, on the Booksmarts cultural videos in a variety of fun settings.
Watch this video to see excerpts of the NARRATED EBOOK, with cursor, and adjustable speed.
- The only source of weekly Canadian news videos in levelled French. Keep French relevant and students engaged.
- Instantly access all the online components the moment you order!
- Fast shipping: we have a deal with Fedex for cheap fast shipping.
You get Complete French kits:
- Access to over 600 French assets, including all Booksmarts kits online (with any multi-kit Pack, like the BP3A5 or 3A10).
- Neurolinguistic action oriented approach
- Designed for the curriculum from grades 2 to 12
- Covers French culture in Canada and around the world
- Covers conversational everyday real life situations
- Each kit comes with printed books, 10 to 25 videos and activities, online ebooks, online videos.
- For example the Bienvenue à Quebec kit, Les Franco-Ontariens, Bienvenue en France, Les Acadiens, Bienvenue en Haiti, Le Snack-Bar, Bienvenue au Cinema, Les peules autochtones du Canada, Bienvenue au Carnaval are is the most comprehensive kits on the planet. Each come with a book with texts for multiple levels of French for immediate differentiation. Each section is supported by matching videos (25 videos in each kit!), and action oriented activities. Click to preview some of the kits.
- Online access for all teachers and students from your school. Access from anywhere at the same time.
- Purchased by schools, school boards and ministries of education around Canada.
- Used by thousands of teachers and hundreds of thousands of students across the country.
- Covers FSL and French immersion.
- For school board bulk discounts, contact me at email@example.com or by toll-free telephone.
What’s different about Booksmarts Planet French kits and courses
What makes our French kits different is the fact we are the only company that offers different levels within the same kit and that our content targets more “Big ideas”, more thematic life skills building, more cross-curricular subjects integration, more ethics and according to our customers, offers more in terms of humour and creative tone.
3 levels of difficulty: We offer different levels in the same books, DVDs and eBooks, including CEFR levels as well as our own colour-coded easy to use scale. This gives students stretch goals and revision opportunities.
This Planet French innovation works. It ties in with the best concepts discussed by Russian scientist Lev Vygotsky and others: successive approximation and the zone of “proximal development”. I know some of Vygotsky’s ideas are controversial but this one works. French is a skill and these kits work in schools across the country.
French teachers love this, as they discuss using the kits in our preview video (fill the form on the right to access our secure demo video section and watch free previews including teachers explaining how they used booksmarts kits).
Here are 3 pages showing examples of the colour-coded 3 levels of difficulty. Each of our kits includes texts and videos at different levels of difficulty so you can use each kit at different levels and quickly apply differentiated instruction.
How to order
To order your French resources, please click on the relevant menu tab above, or click here to see current specials and deals.
For everyday real life situations kits, click here.
For French culture French kits, click here.
For other French resources, please click on the relevant menu tabs above.