Bienvenue au Cinema !
Going to the movies. Kit in levelled French. Includes 3 different levels of French to cover your grades from 3 to 12.
Several videos and the book cover all aspects of going to the movies. A practical, communication based resource. All the key vocabulary and high frequency thematic language is covered.
Kinds and genres of movies
Students learn the genres. Text and videos. In levelled French.
Mes genres préférés
We interview young students who tell us their favourite genres and why. In levelled French!
Allons au cinéma!
In this story, both in the book, ebook and corresponding video, friends make a pact to go see a popular movie together. But when one of the friends gets an invitation from another, a dilemma threatens the friendship! Students learn all the vocab and high frequency comprehensible input as our cameras follow the students to the movies!
On choisit un film
Trois jeunes choisissent un film. Students learn and watch as 3 teens debate which movie to go see.
Video "un homme en colère"
In this film, students discover the classic film "12 angry men", in French. This is a fantastic conversation starter. Students explore ethics and "following the crowd" herd mentality.
Le cinema Imax et les technologies
We can now watch movies on tiny phone screens and in huge Imax cinemas. In this funny video, we put a phone against the mighty Imax and get a behind the scenes tour of one of the biggest Imax facilities in the world! In levelled French!
You can use this French unit on your phone!
All Booksmarts Planet French units are available to use on all your devices and also accessible to all your French students from everywhere!
How to order
To order your French resources, please click on the relevant menu tab above, or click here to see current specials and deals.
For everyday real life situations kits, click here.
For French culture French kits, click here.
For other French resources, please click on the relevant menu tabs above.
The Complete Booksmarts Planet French online library, plus weekly news videos and articles in levelled French:
- Access to over 850 French assets, including all Booksmarts kits online. Click here for a full description and samples.
- Neurolinguistic action oriented approach
- Designed for the curriculum from grades 2 to 12
- Covers French culture around the world
- Covers conversational everyday real life situations
- Each kit comes with printed books, 10 to 25 videos and activities, online ebooks, online videos.
- For example the Bienvenue à Quebec kit, Les Franco-Ontariens, Bienvenue en France, Les Acadiens, Bienvenue en Haiti, Le Snack-Bar, Bienvenue au Cinema, Les peules autochtones du Canada, Bienvenue au Carnaval are is the most comprehensive kits on the planet. Each come with a book with texts for multiple levels of French for immediate differentiation. Each section is supported by matching videos (10 to 25 videos in each kit!), and action oriented activities.
- Online access for all teachers and students from your school. Access from anywhere at the same time.
- Purchased by schools, school boards and ministries of education around the world.
- Used by thousands of teachers and hundreds of thousands of students around the world.
- Covers FSL and French immersion.
- For school board bulk discounts, contact email@example.com
What’s different about Booksmarts Planet French kits and courses
What makes our French kits different is the fact we are the only company that offers different levels within the same kit and that our content targets more “Big ideas”, more thematic life skills building, more cross-curricular subjects integration, more ethics and according to our customers, offers more in terms of humour and creative tone.
3 levels of difficulty: We offer different levels in the same books, DVDs and eBooks, including CEFR levels as well as our own colour-coded easy to use scale. This gives students stretch goals and revision opportunities.
This Planet French innovation works. It ties in with the best concepts discussed by Russian scientist Lev Vygotsky and others: successive approximation and the zone of “proximal development”. I know some of Vygotsky’s ideas are controversial but this one works. French is a skill and these kits work in schools across the country.
French teachers love this, as they discuss using the kits in our preview video (fill the form on the right to access our secure demo video section and watch free previews including teachers explaining how they used booksmarts kits).
Here are 3 pages showing examples of the colour-coded 3 levels of difficulty. Each of our kits includes texts and videos at different levels of difficulty so you can use each kit at different levels and quickly apply differentiated instruction.
Authentic French speakers in realistic situations. The books have a variety of texts and genres including descriptive texts, narrations, dialogues, and more!
You get the printed kits as well as online access to all the components for you and your students on all your devices.
The books are 28 pages full colour, beautiful photographs. All the videos are professional, top quality films with clear, levelled French and optional turn-on-off French subtitles.